- Banking Law
- Business Law
- Commercial Law
- Construction Law
- Corporate Law
- Real Estate
- Zoning, Planning and Land Use
- Colorado; New Jersey; Pennsylvania; U.S. District Court, District of Colorado and District of New Jersey (1980)
- Widener University School of Law (J.D., 1980) (Phi Delta Phi, International Legal Fraternity)
- University of Denver (M.P.A., 1976) (Sigma Iota Epsilon, Honorary Management Fraternity)
- University of Denver (B.A., 1974) (Phi Sigma Delta/Zeta Beta Tau Fraternity)
- American Bar Association, Section on Business Law: Committees on Banking Law, Commercial Financial Services, Commercial and Real Estate Lending, Real Estate Financing, and Surveys of Commercial Law
- American Bar Association, Section on Real Property, Probate and Trust Law: Committee on Emerging Issues and Specialty Leases
- Colorado Bar Association: Section on Real Estate and Section on Business Law
- Denver Bar Association
- Cherry Creek Country Club
- Visiting Professor, University of Colorado at Denver School of Engineering (1993)
- Street Beat, Inc. (Founding Chairman of the Board and initial President, 1991)
- Jewish Family Services of the Allied Jewish Federation (Pro Bono Special Counsel, 1999-2000)
- National Ski Patrol (1968-1970)
"AV" Peer-Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell and listed in the Bar Registry of Preeminent Lawyers. Ron practiced in the areas of real estate, lending, construction and corporate planning.
Ron's practice combined his many years of experience in all aspects of the acquisition, sale, development, leasing and financing of real estate as well as land use litigation and condemnation law. His acquisition and sale experience included transactions concerning undeveloped land, office buildings, apartment projects, shopping centers, office-warehouse projects, condominiums and homes.
Ron had extensive experience representing financial institutions and borrowers with respect to the preparation and negotiation of real estate loan documentation. During the energy, real estate and savings and loan crisis of the 1980's and early 1990's Ron became proficient in dealing with RTC and FDIC bailout proceedings, and commercial and residential foreclosure and loan workout transactions, and continues in his representation of lenders in this highly specialized area.
In the corporate planning area, he represented clients in the structuring of the right business entity for a particular business and the negotiation of the interrelationship documentation involving partners, shareholders, and other joint ownership arrangements, including buy-sell, key-person and disability insurance and other issues. Ron had extensive experience in the negotiation and documentation of business acquisitions, sales, and mergers. His practice also encompassed the preparation of various types of agreements for ongoing business operations including employment, non-disclosure, and manufacturing, distribution, sales and licensing.
In construction Ron had extensive experience with projects for the construction of office buildings, tenant improvements, retail, industrial, shopping center and residential properties. This includes counseling general contractors, sub-contractors, owners, architects and project managers in contract formation issues and assisting in the resolution of contract disputes and mechanic's lien matters.
After graduating from the Tilton School in New Hampshire, Ron received his Bachelor of the Art's degree from the University of Denver in 1970. A recipient of a U.S. Department of Health, Education and Welfare Fellowship, he received his Masters in Public Administration from the University of Denver in 1976, graduating with honors in the City Management and Urban Planning program. In 1980 he received his Juris Doctor degree from the Widener University School of Law.
Prior to law school Ron worked for two years in the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection's Division of Marine Services as a procedures analyst and special projects director.
In 1980 Ron began his legal career as law clerk to the Honorable Edwin P. Van Cise of the Colorado Court of Appeals. Before starting his own law firm Ron practiced with a major regional firm and later with a large international law firm providing him with invaluable experience working large projects.
Ron authored articles on real estate law for the Denver newspapers and the Apartment Association of Metro Denver. Ron had been a lecturer for Continuing Legal Education in Colorado (Real Estate Escrows); The Colorado Association of Real Estate Appraisers (Appraiser Malpractice); the National Business Institute, Inc. (Advanced Real Estate Law in Colorado, Titles and Surveys); and The Apartment Association of Metro Denver (Landlord Liability For the Crimes of Others; Choice of Entity). He served as a visiting Professor at the University of Colorado at Denver School of Engineering where he taught Environmental Law for Civil Engineering.